- This event has passed.
2020 Northern California ICF Installation Training Class
February 20 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$75.00
CANCELLED — WILL BE RESCHEDULED FOR A FUTURE DATE
Northern California based Amvic-Pacific offers this seminar for contractors, architects, engineers and building officials interested in learning how to use ICFs (Insulating Concrete Forms) to construct the exterior shell of a residential or commercial structure.
This class will be taught in a one day split format with the morning session covering introduction, features, and benefits of ICF construction. The afternoon session covers installation of ICF, integrating other trades, below grade applications, and basic estimating and construction details.
This class will be a mix of instructor-led class room presentations and hands-on-demonstration of the basics of construction of residential and light commercial structures using insulating concrete forms (ICF) for the exterior wall system. Also covered will be instruction in using insulating concrete forms (ICF) in the construction of floors and/ or roofs.
|Morning Session (9am-12pm, Refreshments will be provided)
· Introduction to building with ICF
· Features & Benefits of ICF construction :
o Fire resistance,
o Sound resistance
· Efficiency in Construction and performance
· Advantages of ICF construction with current building code
· Basic cost estimating
· Local products and services available
|Afternoon Session: (12pm-4pm, Lunch will be provided)
· Tools required for installation
· Footing types and preparation
· Basics of block installation and assembly
· Rebar placement & installation
· Window and door installation
· Top plate/sill & truss/rafter attachment
· Bracing and pouring ICF walls
· Forming & pouring elevated concrete floors/roofs using ICF
· Utility installation: electrical & plumbing
· Below grade installation and waterproofing
· Multi-story applications
· Wall claddings (drywall, stucco, siding, etc.)
· Estimating and construction details
Here’s what one participant had to say:
“We completed our first pour a week or so back and I’m happy to say it was a great success. As you know I am an owner builder with little background in construction. Thanks to your very thorough workshop and excellent step-by-step supporting materials in addition to your personal support of our project we have been able to take on the construction of our 2 story, 2600 sq foot home. Apart from help on the day of the pour itself, my wife and I did all the ICF block work ourselves. There was a learning curve, but we were patient, paid attention to your good advice, and lo and behold it can all be done with two novices! We think the key to avoiding mishaps was simply following the recommended process and lessons learned from your training.” –Stephen S., Smartsville CA