Valley Contractors Exchange Board of Directors Application
The volunteer leadership of the VCE provides fiscally responsible strategic direction for programs and services for our members. Term of service is 3 years. Meetings are held the 3rd Wednesday of each month.
VCE bylaws require Directors to have been members of the VCE for one year at time of election. Directors must be owners or key employees of the company. Board membership is divided as closely as possible between General Contractors/Sub Contractors, Supplier and Professionals. We try to match the geographic location of Board companies to the geographic location of the membership. The VCE covers the counties of Butte, Colusa, Glenn, Plumas, Sutter and Yuba.
For the current term, the openings are for Suppliers. Term runs January 2020 through December 2022.
To ensure a quality Board, the VCE looks for dedicated people who are able to be active and work for the benefit of the entire membership. Please consider the Board Member Responsibilities when making your decision to apply to serve on the Board of Directors.
VCE Board Member Responsibilities:
- To make a determined effort to attend all Board meetings, which are the 3rd Wednesday of each month. Terms are for 3 years. This term will run January 2017 through December 2019.
- To know the VCE mission and purpose. With this knowledge, and your knowledge of the construction environment, assure the VCE has the goals, policies, programs and resources to achieve its mission.
- To promote the VCE in the community, encouraging membership, event sponsorship and advocating for VCE’s services to the construction industry.
- To act in the best interests of the VCE membership as a whole, and remove yourself from discussions and votes where your company has a conflict of interest.
- To work in good faith with staff and other Board members as partners toward achievement of the VCE’s short and long-range goals.
- To respect the confidentiality of discussions that take place at Board meetings.
In turn, the organization will be responsible to you in several ways:
- You will be provided with regular financial reports and an update of VCE activities giving you the information needed to meet the “prudent person” standards of the law.
- The VCE will help you perform your duties by keeping you informed about issues in the construction industry and by offering you opportunities for professional development as a Board member.
- The VCE will provide, and keep in force, adequate Directors and Officers Insurance coverage for you during your term as a Board member.
- Board members and staff will work in good faith toward achievement of our goals.
Applications are due by Wednesday, November 20, 2019.
Please send your application to the VCE Executive Director.
Email: email@example.com Fax 530-343-3503 Address: 951 E. 8th Street, Chico, CA 95928