Payroll Specialist – DigitalPath
DigitalPath has an opening for a payroll specialist. This position has some flexibility to be full-time or part-time. Its focus will be on all aspects of payroll.
DigitalPath is growing and thriving in the communities of Northern California, DigitalPath provides quality high-speed internet to rural customers throughout California. We are proud to partner with the State of California, CalFire, AlertCalifornia, and other corporations that are involved in providing prevention and response for California wildfire emergencies.
About the Opportunity
DigitalPath has a department that is heavily construction-oriented with government funding and prevailing wage requirements. We are looking for a skilled payroll specialist with prevailing wage experience. The Payroll Specialist position reports to the Accounting Manager and will work alongside members of the accounting team. As the Payroll Specialist, you will be responsible for leading Payroll with semi-monthly submissions, leave management within the payroll system, and auditing the payroll system in addition to regular daily duties as assigned.
If you have the right skills for this position there is a lot of room to grow. For the right candidate it could lead to becoming the Lead Accounting Tech II (payroll would remain primary). Depending on experience the pay range for the payroll specialist is $25 to $28 per hour and for the Lead Accounting Tech 2 the range is $28 to $30 per hour.
Requirements for the position are:
- This position reports on-site to our Chico office M-F.
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge of Microsoft Excel
- High level of professionalism, ethics, and confidentiality
- Understanding of payroll laws and practices
- Thrive under pressure with multiple projects and deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication
- Manage and self-direct own work with minimal supervision
- Exceptional critical thinking skills allowing for independent problem-solving
- BS in Accounting/Finance preferred, or a combined equivalent of training/experience with 3-5 years of relevant work experience.
- Reliable transportation to/from work
- Due to the confidential nature of the job and the nature of financial transactions you will be handling, you must be able to pass a post offer in-depth background check and credit report and drug/alcohol screening.
Benefits for Eligible Employees: Group Medical and Dental insurance, Life Insurance, Vision Reimbursement Program, Free Residential Internet Service (if you reside in the coverage area), 4% Matching 401k, PTO, and Holiday Pay. Part Time employees receive California Paid Sick Leave. All employees have access to our enhanced Employee Assistance Program (EAP).
Additional Perks of working at DigitalPath, Inc.:
- Fun company swag with a positive and thriving company culture that understands work/life balance.
- Learning and development opportunities and in-house Corporate Trainer
- In house IT/Technical Support department
- Library of training resources available both for work-related learning and personal enrichment
- On site cafeteria with healthy lunch meals/options prepared daily
- Dedicated game room