Help Wanted: Construction Instructor, Butte College
Butte-Glenn Community College District
Location: Oroville, California
Deadline to apply: Tuesday, March 10, 2020 11:59 pm
View full job announcement and apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/buttecc
Full-time, Tenure Track (177 Day 10 Month) starting August 2020
$53,825.84 – $82,656.26 per year
Probationary (Contract I) Member of Academic Faculty
Contingent upon availability of grant funding.
Tentative interview dates: April 29th, 30th, and May 1st
- Relocation reimbursement may be authorized. If interested, the successful applicant must request relocation reimbursement at time of job offer.
- Reimbursement for travel may be authorized.
The District offers several Comprehensive Medical plans at no cost to the employee and their dependents. Dental, Vision and STD/LTD are at no cost. Additionally, the District provides access to two Health and Wellness Centers through Butte Schools Self-Funded Programs for little to no cost depending on plan selection. Retirement plans include CalPERS, CalSTRS, 403B and 457B.
The Butte College Construction (CNST) Department seeks a well-rounded Construction professional that will enhance our new program. The Butte College Construction Program serves our community by providing diverse experiential learning opportunities in a progressive curriculum, using modern technology, industry cooperation, and alumni support to prepare students for a productive future in the construction industry. The program consists of an associate’s degree intended for transfer to neighboring Construction Management bachelor’s degree program and certificates of achievement designed to meet labor market demand for skilled tradespeople in construction. The curriculum is designed to provide students with industry-aligned skills within the main construction disciplines.
The department courses are heavily lab oriented with exposure to many different working conditions (hot and cold temperatures both indoor and outdoor settings). Instructors will be responsible for moving heavy parts, materials, and equipment during the lab period. Operation of equipment in the lab setting may require operators to be standing for long periods of time, and may be exposed to loud noise.
The instructional assignment may include, but is not limited to, teaching courses in all levels of Construction offered at the college:
- Introduction and study of the materials and methods used in all aspects of Civil, Residential, Commercial, and Industrial Construction.
- Construction design, surveying, layout, and plan reading as they relate to the disciplines within the construction trades.
- Concrete properties, material selection, and forming systems for foundations, structural, and ornamental concrete.
- Framing in both wood and metal, roof framing and multi-story flooring/ceiling systems.
- Interior and exterior finishes and finishing systems.
- Theory and application for mechanical and electrical systems for Residential, Commercial, and Industrial construction.
- The elements of contract law and project management as they relate to construction.
- Estimating and scheduling for construction projects.
- Construction equipment operation.
- Any bachelor’s degree and two years of professional experience, or any associate degree and six years of professional experience; OR
- Possession of a current California Community College Credential that permits full-time service as an instructor in the applicable discipline; OR
- The equivalent.
DIVERSITY AND EQUITY QUALIFICATIONS:
- Demonstrated understanding of and responsiveness to the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, disability, gender identity, sexual orientation, and ethnic backgrounds that characterize community college students in a manner specific to the position.
- Practical hands on trade experience.
- A or B California Contractors License.
- Prior experience operating construction equipment (skid steer, backhoe, mini excavator, etc.).
- Prior experience conducting trainings/teaching.
- CPR/AED and first aid certification.
- OSHA 30-hour construction safety certification.
Apply online: https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/buttecc
ALL APPLICANTS, INCLUDING CURRENT BUTTE COLLEGE EMPLOYEES, MUST SUBMIT ALL REQUIRED DOCUMENTS WITH THE ONLINE APPLICATION IN ORDER TO MOVE FORWARD IN THE RECRUITMENT PROCESS.
All on-line attachment types require that you attach a document.
- COVER LETTER
- RESUME OR VITA
- MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS STATEMENT
- DIVERSITY, EQUITY, AND INCLUSION STATEMENT