- This event has passed.
Temporary Traffic Control & Flagging Certification
May 24 @ 9:00 am - 4:00 pm$175.00 – $200.00
The safety of on-road and roadside job-sites is reliant on the capabilities of certified flaggers and efficient traffic control procedures.
Flaggers must be used at locations on a construction site as soon as barricades and warning signs cannot effectively control moving traffic. Flaggers shall be trained in the proper fundamentals of flagging moving traffic before being assigned as flaggers. Signaling directions used by flaggers shall conform to the California Manual on Uniform Traffic Control Devices for Streets and Highways. The training and instructions shall be based on the Manual and work site conditions and also include the following:
- flagger equipment which must be used,
- layout of the work zone and flagging station,
- methods to signal traffic to stop, proceed or slow down,
- methods of one-way traffic control,
- trainee demonstration of proper flagging methodology and operations,
- emergency vehicles traveling through the work zone,
- handling emergency situations,
- methods of dealing with hostile drivers,
- flagging procedures when a single flagger is used (when applicable).
Register any employee involved in traffic control and flagging.
May 24, 2022
Paradise Airport, 4340 Airport Road, Paradise