CUSD Senor Maintenance Worker Position Open – Plumber
CHICO UNIFIED SCHOOL DISTRICT
SENIOR MAINTENANCE WORKER – PLUMBER
Salary Range: $18.54-$22.54 + Longevity Steps
Closing date for filing applications: Monday, December 25, 2017, 11:45 PM
Date of Performance/Oral Exam (personal interview): Monday, January 8, 2018, (during the day)
Link to Online Application: https://www.edjoin.org/Home/JobPosting/989855
Under direction, to perform a variety of skilled maintenance and repair work in plumbing and related areas.
May exercise technical and functional supervision over lower level staff.
EXAMPLES OF IMPORTANT AND ESSENTIAL DUTIES
- Perform a full range of skilled plumbing work for a variety of systems, including interior plumbing, electrical controls and garbage disposals and sprinkler systems.
- Receive work orders; confer with supervisors and building administrators to determine work priorities; confer with originators regarding desired finished product; determine exact specifications of work requested; estimate supplies, materials and costs of repair projects; requisition necessary materials, parts, supplies, tools and equipment.
- Repair and maintain interior plumbing; inspect all valves used for water supply, sinks, toilets and toilet tanks for leaks and proper operation; adjust water pressure and flow; check for proper drainage; disassemble, reassemble, adjust, replace and repair sinks, toilets and parts, including valves and gaskets; clear pipes and drains as needed.
- Repair and maintain electric controls and garbage disposal systems; check electrical circuits, solenoids and lines; check disposals; remove, repair, clean, replace and reconnect disposals and parts.
- Assist the Senior Maintenance Worker – Sprinkler Systems as needed.
- Read and interpret blueprints and schematics.
- Maintain records of work performed; maintain records and inventory of materials, supplies, tools and equipment; prepare and submit reports.
- Operate heavy equipment when required; operate light trucks, trailers, or other equipment to move, haul and deliver materials, equipment and maintenance supplies; load and unload materials and equipment.
- Operate a variety of hand and power tools and equipment necessary in the performance of assigned duties, including pipe, socket, rachet and crescent wrenches, drain snake, wire cutters, pipe threaders and cutters, pressure gauge, leak detector, electric thermometer, ohmmeter, voltmeter, amprobe and amp meter.
- Clean work areas at sites and at shop; clean and maintain tools and other equipment.
- Follow preventative maintenance schedules where appropriate.
- Check buildings and equipment to locate needed repairs and maintenance; report unsafe conditions to supervisors.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as assigned.
JOB RELATED AND ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS
- Practices, methods, techniques, materials, tools and equipment used in the plumbing and related trades at the journey level.
- Laws, codes and regulations pertaining to assigned area.
- Occupational hazards and standard safety practices necessary in the area of maintenance and repair work.
- Terminology used in maintenance and repair work.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Safe driving principles and practices.
- Operate a wide variety of hand and power tools and power equipment required for assigned trades work in a safe and effective manner.
- Operate a motor vehicle safely.
- Perform a full range of skilled plumbing and related maintenance and repair duties under minimal supervision.
- Interpret and apply the policies, procedures, laws, codes and regulations pertaining to assigned area.
- Maintain and repair building systems.
- Read, interpret and apply a wide variety of technical information from manuals, drawings, specifications, layouts, blueprints and schematics.
- Evaluate new products and recommend usage.
- Estimate time, materials and equipment required for assigned jobs.
- Plan and organize work to meet schedules and deadlines.
- Prepare and maintain accurate and complete records.
- Understand and follow oral and written instructions.
- Establish, maintain and foster positive and harmonious working relationships with those contacted in the course of work.
Experience and Training Guidelines:
Any combination equivalent to experience and training that would provide the required knowledge, skills and abilities would be qualifying. A typical way to obtain the knowledge, skills and abilities would be:
- Four years of plumbing and related building maintenance trades experience.
- Must be at least 21 years of age.
- Formal or informal education or training which ensures the ability to read and write at a level necessary for successful job performance supplemented by completion of a formal apprenticeship program.
License or Certificate:
- Possess an appropriate, valid driver’s license.
Essential duties require the following physical skills and work environment:
- Ability to sit, stand, walk, kneel, crouch, stoop, squat, twist, climb and lift 50 lbs.; exposure to noise, vibration, outdoors, confining work space, chemicals, explosive materials, mechanical hazards and electrical hazards; ability to travel to different sites and locations.