Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. – Chico, CA
Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. is a highly motivated, relentlessly dedicated, and fluidly efficient team that is focused on providing the best fire protection products and services available with an emphasis on excellent customer service. Our strength is generated from our commitment to our clients, our industry, and our employees. The people come first at Foothill Fire Protection, Inc.
We are looking for the right person for the position of Electrician Trainee to join our team in Chico. At Foothill Fire Protection, Inc. we are committed to designing, installing, and servicing electrical systems with the highest level of craftsmanship and customer service.
- Install, repair, maintain, and test commercial, and residential electrical systems in full support of Foothill Fire Protection’s safety, operations, and productivity policies.
- Use industry related hand tools and power tools.
- Measure, cut, bend, thread, etc. and install wire and electrical cable systems, conduit systems and other wire raceway systems.
- Be familiar with installing distribution boxes, transformers, transducers, switch gear, receptacles, switches, lighting control, etc.
- Splice and terminate wires at junction points.
- Communicate effectively with all crew members.
- Maintain workflow schedule to ensure all Foothill Fire Protections productivity objectives are met.
- Demonstrate the highest level of professionalism and courtesy when interacting with colleagues, customers, and vendors.
- Adhere to all Foothill Fire Protection’s safety policies and procedures.
Skills and Experience:
- Current state certification for general or residential electrician or be within (1) year of receiving certification preferred.
- Willing to learn and be trained; ability to understand and follow directions.
- Ability to learn to install power systems: lighting, fire protection, security, and data network.
- Ability to learn to build and install lighting control panels and provide maintenance to systems.
- Some experience using Electrical Single Line blueprints.
- Some experience finding and repairing faults in electrical apparatus and circuits.
- Ability to learn to verify compliance and functionality of installations.
- Must be able to provide daily work reports.
Physical Demands and Work Environment:
The employee may require the ability to do the following:
- Lift 50 lbs from ground and pull 50 lbs of force.
- Perform ladder climbing, wire pulling and conduit bending.
- Fully squat, stoop or kneel while wearing a 25 lb tool belt.
- Maintain a standing position for long periods of time while performing repetitive actions such as grasping or manipulating wires.
- Work from ladders, man lifts or reach booms
Job Type: Full-time
- Great Company Culture
- Long-term opportunity potential
- Competitive compensation based on experience
- Comprehensive health benefits available after 90 days
- 401(k) plan per company policy
- Paid Vacation & Holidays per company policy
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $18.00 – $25.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Paid time off
- Vision insurance
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- Driver’s License (Required)
- Journeyman Electrician Card (Preferred)
- OSHA 10 (Required)
Work Location: One location