- This event has passed.
QuickBooks for Contractors (Desktop Edition)
November 5, 2019 @ 1:00 pm - 5:00 pm
One event on November 12, 2019 at 1:00 pm
Success in the construction industry boils down to having control of your costs! Learn to use the power of “QuickBooks for Contractors” to help you control costs and maximize the bottom line.
With these classes, you’ll learn the financial management skills needed to increase your job profits, manage labor hours, qualify for construction loans, and implement effective tax strategies. Learn the skills to put more cash in your bank account!
|Day 1 – The Basics +||Day 2 – Digging Deeper|
· How QB works.
· Navigating and common accounting terms.
· Setting up your company, customers and vendors.
· Backing up your data and customizing your home page.
· Chart of Accounts as it relates to contractors
· Accrual vs. Cash basis accounting
· Balance Sheet, P & L and Cash Flow reports
· Bank accounts, credit cards, loans and fixed assets
· Recording sales, receiving payments and making deposits
* We’ll create a new fixed asset item, make a deposit for a fixed asset, and create an equipment loan all in one transaction, as well as learn how to use the Loan Manager feature
|But Wait, There’s More…
· Entering and paying bills
· Credits and Discounts
· Journal Entries
· Using Purchase Orders
· Tracking and Paying Sales Tax
· Estimating and Progress Invoicing
· Sharing your files with your Accountant
· Exporting reports and forms
· Entering and tracking budgets
· Using the Doc Center
*A special discussion at the end of this day will include “Common Accounting – Contractor Pitfalls
|November 5, 2018 1:00-5:00pm||November 12, 2018 1:00-5:00pm|
|Members: $135; Non-Members: $175|